Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Treo 650

My job entails me being away from the office on a regular basis. I've been using an iPaq as my pda for several years. As technology has advanced over the years, I've been constantly looking for a SINGLE device that I could carry to replace my pda and my cell phone. Most of the reviews I have read on these devices are that they do ONE function (cell or pda) very well and provide the basic functionality of the other. Verizon recently release the Treo 650, so I thought I would give it a shot to see if it would be a useful replacement.
At first, I must admit, I was ready to throw this device out the window. However, after some growing pains and learning the quirks (MANY!!) of the Palm OS, I've decided to stick with it. I don't know that I would call it a SMARTphone but it has become an essential tool. While I much prefer the Pocket PC operating system, the Pocket PCs were MUCH too pricey for me to consider. It certainly isn't perfect, but having always-on access to the internet, email, calendar and contacts (which wirelesssly sync to Outlook - thank to free software from Verizon) has made the 650 invaluable.

No comments: